Local Falcon's Bulk Scan Scheduler offers a convenient way to set up one-time or recurring Auto Scans for multiple business locations, keywords, and Scan Sizes.
The Bulk Scan tool automatically runs separate scans for each business location and keyword you select at each specified Scan Size, at the frequency you select.
For example, if you schedule a Bulk Scan for two business locations and two keywords at two Scan Sizes, the Bulk Scan tool will run eight different Map Scans at once, saving you the time and effort that would go into manually running each individual scan.
Scheduling a Bulk Scan
- Log in to your Local Falcon account
- Go to the Local Falcon homepage and click "Login" in the top right-hand corner, then enter the email address and password you used to create your account.
- Go to "Bulk Scan"
- Click "Bulk Scan" in the main navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen to go to the Bulk Scan Scheduler.
- Select the business locations you want to run a scan for
- Click the "Select Locations" button at the bottom left-hand side of the screen.
- You can type business names or other key phrases into the "Filter Locations…" text box to quickly pull up the locations you want to run a Bulk Scan for, or simply scroll down to find them manually.
- Check the box next to each business location you want to include in your Bulk Scan, then click the "Add to Scan" button when you're done selecting locations.
It's best to run Bulk Scans for similar businesses in similar locations, so it makes sense to use the same Scan Settings for them.
- Enter the keyword(s) you want to scan for
- Type a keyword you want to use for your Bulk Scan into the "Enter Keyword(s)" text box and click the "+" button to add it.
- You can add multiple keywords at once by separating them with commas.
- Set the Scan Size(s) you want to use
- Click the "Select Scan Sizes" button at the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
- Select a Map Scan Radius and Grid Size and click the "Add Scan Size" button.
- Repeat the process to add more Scan Sizes as desired.
- Remember to use smaller radiuses for businesses in densely populated urban centers, and larger radiuses for more rural locations.
- If you're not sure what Grid Size to use, a 7 x 7 grid offers a good balance between cost and data visualization.
- Add a nickname for the Bulk Scan
- This can be anything that helps you quickly identify which scans you scheduled together using the Bulk Scan Scheduler.
- Type the nickname into the text box in the middle of the screen, next to where it says "Nickname:"
- Choose a frequency and start date/time for the scan
- Select a one-time, daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly frequency from the "Scan Frequency" drop-down.
- If you want to set up recurring Bulk Scans, we recommend weekly or bi-weekly scans, as these offer the best balance between cost and data frequency.
- You can quickly see how many credits your Bulk Scan will use each month with the settings you've selected above where it says "Credits Required / Month" at the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Click the "Schedule Scans" button
- This will schedule all the separate scans using the different settings you selected.
- You can view, modify, and/or delete scans you created with the Bulk Scan Scheduler at any time by going to "Scheduled Scans" from the main navigation menu.